Glenalmond Guest House Edinburgh
Glenalmond House is a 4 star Gold Tourist Board rated, family run, offering bed and breakfast luxury guest accommodation. Your hosts are Jimmy and Fiona, who will be delighted to welcome you into their home and look after you during your stay here.
This beautiful, detached Victorian house has been sympathetically restored and retains many original features. Located in the historic Scottish capital city of Edinburgh, we are just over a mile from the main tourist attractions, such as Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile. There are frequent local buses running every few minutes from early in the morning to late in the evening and all night, from here into the town centre and all the main visitor attractions.
Please use the links above left to browse through the bedrooms, view the extensive breakfast menu, check out the prices, special offers and make an enquiry. You can also see our location on Google maps and find out how to get here on the Location page.
What can you expect from a stay at Glenalmond House?
- 4-star Gold rating from the Scottish Tourist Board
- FREE, private residents car park
- FREE secure parking for motor cycles
- FREE high speed Wi-Fi internet access
- Located just one mile from the historic Royal Mile
- All 9 bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom with shower, and all bedding is synthetic for allergy sufferers
- There are three 4-poster bedrooms for that romantic break
- 4 Ground floor bedrooms available and 5 upper floor bedrooms
- Comfortable Guest Lounge
- Outside Patio Area for guest use
- All bedrooms have a safe for guest valuables
- Extensive breakfast menu available, including traditional Scottish breakfast and many vegetarian options
- 4 Ground floor rooms available and 5 upper floor rooms
- No smoking allowed anywhere in the guest house
- No pets in the house
- Easy access to main tourist attractions in and around Edinburgh via cheap and frequent local buses
- Plenty of great pubs and restuarants withing a 10 minute walk
- Ideal location for Edinburgh University, the EICC and Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
- Flexible, discounted advance purchase and room only rates available
- English, Indonesian and Malay spoken
We have tried to include as much information as possible about our guest house in these pages for your convenience. We hope you will find the content interesting and informative. If you have any questions or would like to enquire about room availability, you can contact us by post, telephone or email.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to Glenalmond House.
Jimmy and Fiona Mackie